Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello World

Hello World!
So, this post marks my first tentative step into the vast and mysterious world of blogging. The inspiration to create a blog struck me as a great way to reveal my writing to others, so here I stand. On a slightly random note, I promised several of my friends that I would explain why my blog is called "Squire and Knight", so here goes. The phrase comes from the series "Dragons in Our Midst". The verse of poetry goes something like this:

Darkness shall become light
Squire shall be made knight

The phrase struck me as a very basic truth, a glimpse into the journey to manhood every young boy must make. A quest must be undertaken, a dragon slain. The squire shall be made a knight.

Every great adventure starts with a single footstep, and since I moved, I have felt on a deep, subconcious level that God has some huge plans for me here, and I eagerly await my initiation.

1 comment: