Monday, April 11, 2011

Mysterious Ways

It's a funny thing how a relationship can get started (And I'm talking about friendships here.). A lot of the time it's just the normal deal; you met at school, or on a sports team, or through some other event. But sometimes the circumstances can get pretty... unbelievable.

It was around January, probably halfway through the month. Soccer season was beginning to get started, and I had just finished a grueling practice. We didn't have a dinner planned out, so we swung by Moe's Southwest Grill to grab some dinner. It was a week night, so of course the line is huge, and we ended up behind another family. As we stood there waitng to order, the dad in front of us saw our soccer gear and asked, "So you guys play soccer?" He and my father struck up a conversation that I mostly ignored, choosing instead to concentrate on my burrito.
When we finished making our orders, rather then leave my dad strode over to those other people's table and continued talking. This, as you may have guessed, surprised me. I was hot, tired, and more than ready to tear into my dinner. But he kept talking, telling them about our chruch and soccer team, the HGHS Vipers. Finally, he said goodbye and we left. Soon the encounter had dissapeared from my mind.
It is now April, and they have quickly become some of our best friends. I write this only two days after a sleepover at their house. Now, as I look back, I shake my head in wonder at what God can do. I mean, these people have become an integral part of my family's life, and we met them in the line at a fast food resturant! Clearly, God works in mysterious ways, and all we can do is just hang on and wait to be amazed.

2 comments:

  1. What are some ways that you have met your close friends? Were the circumstance a little strange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. He does indeed work in mysterious ways...great post!

    ReplyDelete