Thursday, September 29, 2011

Influences

Greetings
As you may possibly already have ascertained from the numerous other posts on this site, my name is Walter Joshua Scott.
I live in a certain state that is much too hot for my liking (Although that heat has decreased greatly since a certain unique flower was removed from my presence).
I write for a living, despite the fact this blog is a non-profit.
I have chosen not to tell you my age, so as to avoid embarrassment.
I am considered naive by most of my friends, and for good reason.
I have an addiction to literature.
And I dance to the music in my head.

All of these things are an integral part of who I am. To take away one of these traits or any of the others would result in an incomplete creation. That is to say, without all of these pieces, I am less than myself. I am little more than a shadow, having animation but lacking purpose.

Everything about me combines to make (I fervently hope) a completely unique human being. And yet I cannot take the credit for who I am. Ultimately of course, that honor belongs to my Savior and Creator. But on a much more personal level. it our friends and family that influence us most. Those who are close to us have an incredibly powerful effect on us, greater than any else you can find.
God has placed every single person I know in my life for a reason. Some affect me positively: others do not. But each encounter and every friendship has helped me to move forward along this great road we call life, to better myself in the eyes of both God and men.

So tonight, this post is for every friend I've ever had, every family memeber I've got, and everyone else that has played a part in making me who I am today. To those that don't have a place in this post, please don't feel slighted. "For those who come last will be first, and the first shall surely be last."
So, in effect I'm really cursing the persons I'm about to thank. Intriguing.
(All names have been changed to protect the privacy of the individual, blah blah blah.)

First off, there's the brother and sister team, Falamor and Booky. Despite the miles that separate us, they've never seemed to have a problem with being the oldest friends I've got. These kids are never scared to talk, ready to laugh with you one minute and hold you while you cry the next. Their patience and love is unbounding, coupled with a great sense of humor and (Even thought they'll never admit it) the lion's share of intellectual abilities. No matter where my life takes me, this pair'll never be but a phone call away.

Next, there's PnkStrings. I'm not going to lie to you: our relationship has been rocky at times. But I'll guarantee you, you'll never find a guy more devoted to what he truly loves. Although he's no pushover, his greatest weapon has always been his razor-sharp wit: there's not a thing you can say without him having a snappy comeback. And even though he cultivates an exterior of cool, collected toughness, when it really gets down to it he's compassionate and understanding, always willing to offer advice.

And last but not least, there's Rosie Cotton. (Yes, I used a character from Lord of the Rings: my apologies John.) Full to the brim with joyful exuberance, this exotic flower radiates peace like a generator. She's always ready to share her wisdom with those ready to listen, and never fails to love the unlovable. No matter what the circumstances, I know I can talk to her about anything, with no fear of ridicule or judgement. And she always has something encouraging to say, bolstering the faint-hearted and lifting up the fallen. But besides all those amazing traits, she's just plain fun to be around.

The list could go on forever, but I'll stop here. And so comes my final word:
Friends: I love all of you more than words can express. Some people (PnkStrings) may cringe at my use of that word, but it's true. I would sacrifice anything for any of you, and I'll never leave your side. I might let you down, but I won't let you go.

I shall now take my leave, before I start to cry. Farewell.
~
Walter J. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment